How To Use And Calibrate A Cooking Thermometer – Complete Instruction
Battery Installation In The Digital Instant-Read Thermometer
Replace the battery when the LCD display becomes dim.
- Remove battery cover on front with a coin.
- Install one LR44 battery (watch battery) with + positive side up.
- Fasten battery cover.
Operating Instructions For The Instant-Read Thermometer
Accurate Temperature Measurement
- Press ON/OFF button to turn the instant-read thermometer on
- Clean thermometer stem and insert the tip into food or liquid for accurate reading
Right Temperature Scale
Press .F / .C button to switch between Fahrenheit or Celsius
Before withdrawing the digital thermometer, press the HOLD button, this will hold the temperature reading until pressed again. “H” will appear in the LCD.
- Press MAX button to read the highest temperature detected. “MAX” will appear on the display.
- Press MAX button a 2nd time to display the lowest temperature reading detected. “MIN” will appear on the display.
Self-Calibration (Your Meat Thermometer Comes Pre-Calibrated)
- Place the stem into at least 1 inch of crushed-ice water. Don’t let the stem touch the bottom of container.
- To avoid accidental recalibration, this function works only when the ambient temperature is 32 to 34 °F.
- When temperature is within range, press the CAL button to recalibrate the food thermometer.
Do not leave the digital instant-read thermometer in hot oven or microwave. Extended exposure to high temperatures may damage electronic components. The digital instant-read thermometer is hand wash only. Do not place in dishwasher.
We hope this tutorial was helpful! Let us know in the comment section bellow if you're already using this handy tool!