How To Use And Calibrate A Cooking Thermometer – Complete Instruction
Replace the battery when the LCD display becomes dim.
- Remove battery cover on front with a coin.
- Install one LR44 battery (watch battery) with + positive side up.
- Fasten battery cover.
- Press ON/OFF button to turn the thermometer on
- Clean thermometer stem and insert the tip into food or liquid
Press .F / .C button to switch between Fahrenheit or Celsius
Before withdrawing the thermometer, press the HOLD button, this will hold the reading until pressed again. “H” will appear in the LCD.
- Press MAX button to read the highest temperature detected. “MAX” will appear on the display.
- Press MAX button a 2nd time to display the lowest temperature detected. “MIN” will appear on the display.
Self-Calibration (Your Thermometer Comes Pre-Calibrated)
- Place the stem into at least 1 inch of crushed-ice with water. Don’t let the stem touch the bottom of container.
- To avoid accidental recalibration, this function works only when the ambient temperature is 32 to 34 °F.
- When temperature is within range, press the CAL button to recalibrate the thermometer.
Do not leave in hot oven or microwave. Extended exposure to high temperatures may damage electronic components. Thermometer is hand wash only. Do not place in dishwasher.
We hope this tutorial was helpful! Let us know in the comment section bellow if you're already using this handy tool!