The Tastes of USA BBQ: Texas Style BBQ
Hello, fellow BBQ lovers! Today in our Tastes of USA series we are covering the recipes of the best Texas BBQ that it has to offer in some easy to follow recipe guides.
Texas provides different style from East, West, Central and South Texas. Such as, Central Texas uses meat rubs and cooks the meat indirectly over the heat and South Texas uses heavy/thick sauces that keep the meat very moist.
This guide will give recipe suggestions that will bring the tastes of Texas to your home. This will entail cooking their unique style of BBQ sauce to implementing that sauce with two fantastic Texas BBQ Recipes. I know you will love these recipes just as much as I do!
Texas BBQ Sauce Recipe
This is a great spicy Texas BBQ sauce that is amazing for any Texas dish! Ingredients:
- Three-fourths of a cup of cider vinegar
- One cup of ketchup
- One-fourth of a cup of tomato paste
- Three tablespoons of brown sugar
- Two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Two tablespoons of butter
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One medium onion (minced)
- One tablespoon of cumin
- One tablespoon of powdered mustard
- Two tablespoons of hot pepper sauce
- Tablespoon of salt/pepper/paprika/ garlic powder
- Combine all the ingredients listed above in a large cooking pot and bring the sauce to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Adjust sauce so it’s at a simmer and continue to cook for 40 minutes.
- Let the ingredients sit for an hour so all the flavors could mix and enjoy!
Texas Style Brisket
We are taking this recipe to the charcoal grill! Ingredients:
- One beef brisket (10 to 12 pounds)
- Seasoning (salt/pepper/paprika/onion and garlic powder)
- Step 1 – Start your charcoal grill.
- Step 2 – Rub your brisket with vegetable oil and cover evenly with the seasoning listed above. Or check out the alternative recipe here.
- Step 3 – When the fire has calmed down, place the brisket on the side of the grill that positions the brisket away from the coals and not directly over.
- Step 4 – The brisket is cooking on the grill for 8 to 10 hours. While the beef is cooking, make sure to replace the grill with fresh charcoal every 30 minutes and baste the brisket by brushing the Texas BBQ sauce.
- Step 5 – The brisket’s internal temperature should range from 185 to 195 degrees F. Let the meat sit for 20 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Texas Burger Recipe
- Two bounds of ground beef chuck
- Vegetable oil
- Tablespoon of salt and pepper
- Form 4 patty shapes and rub them with vegetable oil and season evenly.
- On a medium heated grill cook the patties for 6-8 minutes each side and then brush the Texas BBQ sauce that we made above for the last two minutes to let the sauce cook into the burger.
- Three-fourths of a cup of mayonnaise
- Half a small onion (chopped)
- Three tablespoons of cider vinegar
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- Two teaspoons of celery seeds
- Eight cups of green cabbage (shredded)
- One large carrot (shredded)
- Tablespoon of salt and pepper
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients listed about.
- Let the ingredients blend together for around half an hour before serving.
- Build your burger by placing the patties on toasted buns.
- Add some more Texas BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and pickles.
I hope you enjoyed today’s Texas adventure and stay tuned for our next travels to Memphis for the Best Barbecue in Memphis!