Meat Grinders Guide: How to Carve a Rotisserie Chicken
Table of Contents
A great pick up at your local grocery store to make your life a little easier in the kitchen is the purchase of a rotisserie chicken. It is very convenient, tasty and there are a lot of ways you can implement this protein into any kind of chicken recipe.
A rotisserie chicken can be your best friend but handle it the wrong way and… this chicken can be your worst nightmare and become a hot mess. It is ideal to understand how to break down and remove all the tender and juicy meat from this wonderful chicken. This guide is here to break down how to carve a chicken teach you knife skills and throw some easy recipes to whip quickly on a stressful weeknight!
How to Properly Carve a Store-Bought Rotisserie Chicken
Looking to extract the most meat out of your recently purchased rotisserie chicken? This easy step-by-step guide will assist you on receiving the most white meat as possible and will teach you how to carve a chicken like professional chef!! Make sure you start this process with a sharp knife and a carving fork to help you out.
- Step 1 – On a large cutting board, set the chicken breast side-up and start by cutting any extra skin on the chicken body that you do not want to consume.
- Step 2 – Pull a leg away from the chicken and cut the leg completely off. Repeat this process on the other leg. Then cut through the hip joint of both legs and separate the drumstick portion from the thigh.
- Step 3 – It is time to remove the wings of the chicken. Pull each wing from the chicken and cut them off. Cut the portion of the wing where it is meeting the breast and slice each side off completely.
- Step 4 – Make sure you are using your carving fork to help you slice the breast meat of the chicken. With the large carving knife make a horizontal cut in the breast portion of the chicken and cut down to the breastbone (right about the wing area). You want to move from the outside of the breast to the inside. You want to do this for both sides of the chicken body.
- Step 5 – For extra flavors; top some seasoning to the white meat you have just sliced off for a nice touch. Either some rosemary or oregano will do just nicely!
Best Rotisserie Chicken Ideas
The thing that is so great about a rotisserie chicken is the possibilities for roast chicken recipes that can come out of this bird. With all the chicken pieces that you’ll have, they are really easy to whip up for yourself or the family and they can make you look like a superstar in the kitchen. Here are some low-fat rotisserie chicken recipes that you will love! You can also add some veggies on the grill to your meat or make a salad, put everything on a serving platter and your friends will definitely think of you as the best home cook! Roasted chicken is extremely versatile, so take advantage.
Summer Fresh Chicken Cob Salad Ingredients:
- Eight slices of bacon
- Two Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Two Tablespoons of salt and pepper
- Two Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Two to three pounds of rotisserie chicken
- Two heads of lettuce (chopped)
- Four ounces of blue cheese crumbles
- One pint of cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- One avocado (chopped)
- One red onion (chopped)
- Four eggs (hardboiled and chopped)
- Two to Three pounds of rotisserie chicken
- Container of medium salsa
- Container of sour cream
- Package of monetary jack cheese
- One avocado (chopped)
- Two tomatoes (chopped)
- Head of lettuce (chopped)
- Taco shells
Directions: This is really simple… ready? It is to make your own tacos. Serve all the ingredients in a presentable manner and have everyone make their own masterpiece. It is always a good time!