Meat Grinders Guide: How to Carve a Leg of Lamb
Table of Contents
Looking to mix it up for dinner and impress your family or guests with something new? Well, how about bringing lamb to the table and delivering a new flavor that will make their mouths water? Lamb that is cooked the right way can be very tasty and flavorful, but some help might be needed for someone that is not too familiar with this meat.
This article is focused on breaking down how to cook, carve and serve your lamb properly. Here is an easy step-by-step guide to making lamb that will make everyone’s mouth drop!
How to Cook a Leg of Lamb
This simple guide entails an easy step-by-step breakdown of how to cook your leg of lamb to perfection!
- Step 1 – Preparation: Make sure the lamb (5 to 7 pounds) is at room temperature before getting dirty with it. Then rub olive oil evenly throughout the lamb and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Finally, pan-sear the lamb on the stove, both sides for 5 minutes each on a medium temperature. Additionally, top the lamb with chopped garlic and rosemary when searing is complete.
- Step 2 – Cooking Process: Place the lamb on a non-stick pan and cover the entire pan with foil. Cook lamb at 325 degrees F in the oven for around an hour. Make sure the grill rack is in the middle of your oven.
- Step 3 – Perfect Lamb: After the cooking process is complete, check the internal temperature of the lamb. The lamb should be 135 degrees F for the ideal temperature. This indicates that your lamb is medium rare. Let the lamb sit for around 20 to 30 minutes before slicing so the juices sink in.
How to Carve a Leg of Lamb
This part is very simple and it always helps to have Cave Tools meat claws to help you keep the meat in place!
The first step is to turn the lamb sideways so the bone is parallel to the cutting broad. Then make perpendicular slices from the bone of the lamb and cut straight down.
Leg of Lamb Recipe and Side Dish
Now that you understand how to cook a leg of lamb to perfection, it is time to mix it up with this unique, but delicious recipe.
This sauce is a great complement for your lamb and you will be surprised of how great this sauce complements your tender lamb.
Side dish: Potato Gratin
- One clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- Two pounds of russet potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- One cup of gruyere cheese (grated)
- One cup of cream
- Two teaspoons of salt and pepper
- Half a cup of nutmeg
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and take out a baking dish.
- Rub the entire dish with garlic for flavoring.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with the sliced potatoes and then add the cheese, cream, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Then add a second layer of potatoes on top and add cheese, cream, nutmeg and seasoning once more. Bake the dish for 50 to 60 minute and enjoy! I hope you enjoy the lamb as much as I have and take a look at our next
- Bake the dish for 50 to 60 minute and enjoy! I hope you enjoy the lamb as much as I have and take a look at our next
I hope you enjoy the lamb as much as I have and take a look at our next carving guide for rotisserie chicken!