Lean Mean Grilling Guide: Vegan BBQ Ideas
Being a vegan… is not easy. Those are the words that come to mind when I hear the term vegan. The one thing about being vegan is the idea of living a very healthy, happy and long life. Vegans are people to admire because it is very difficult eating with a restricted diet.
So, this article is dedicated to those who are vegan and want to take this type of eating to the grill. My goal for today’s grilling guide is to generate delicious and easy vegan recipe ideas to help make your next barbecue fun.
It is not easy being a vegan, but it is definitely worth it because of all the benefits that come along with that type of lifestyle. Take some notes from this Lean Mean Grilling Guide because we are grilling vegan style!
What is a Vegan?
A vegan is someone who is truly disciplined when it comes to dietary restriction. Someone who follows a vegan diet restricts themselves from consuming anything that deals with the handling of animals. This includes dairy, meats, and eggs. Practicing veganism deals with the moral objection of how animals are treated and results in the change of dietary habits by not consuming animal products.
Easy Vegan Appetizers
Here are some great links to recipes for vegan appetizers that are great to add to any barbecue dinner. They have easy guides to make eating vegan delicious!
Easy Vegan Main Course Dishes
Tofu Recipe: BBQ Tofu Sandwich Ingredients
- Fourteen-ounce package of tofu (extra firm with water)
- Teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Tablespoon of canola oil
- Half cup of Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- Pickles (sandwich slices)
- Tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Hamburger buns
- Two teaspoons of red-wine vinegar
- One-fourth of a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Onion (thinly sliced)
- Step 1: remove tofu from package and dry with a paper towel. Cut into slabs for sandwiches and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then marinade tofu with the barbecue sauce.
- Step 2: in a bowl combine the coleslaw, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder and mix well.
- Step 3: cook the tofu on a medium-high temperature grill for 6 to 7 minutes each side.
- Step 4: dress your toasted hamburger buns with tofu, coleslaw, pickles and onions.
Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
- Two medium eggplants (cut into one inch slices)
- Teaspoon of sea salt and pepper
- Half a cup of sweet Vidalia onion vinaigrette
- Two tablespoons of water
- One cut of fine dry gluten-free bread crumbs
- Teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Half Teaspoon of garlic powder
- Two cups of marinara sauce (your preferred choice)
- Step 1: sprinkle eggplant with salt and pepper, and then coat each side with olive oil.
- Step 2: cook each side of the eggplant on a medium-high grill for 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Step 3: in a bowl, combine the vinaigrette with water and in another bowl combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Then dip the egg plant in dressing then in the bread crumbs bowl.
- Step 4: Place the eggplant on a baking sheet that has been coated with olive oil and cook the eggplant in the oven (3750) for 15 minutes.
- Step 5: Keep the marinara sauce warm in a pot and serve the eggplant with the sauce.
I appreciate the time you took to read this guide and hope it was a huge help to plan your next barbecue. Keep an eye out for all our Lean Mean Grilling Guides like our Vegetarian guide!