Lean Mean Grilling Guide: Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
Are you living a vegetarian lifestyle and having difficulty converting that diet to the grill? Well, Cave Tools is back again for another helpful guide.
Today we are covering vegetarian grilling. This easy guide will break down step by step on how to make some healthy barbecue meals for the average vegetarian.
Additionally, this guide will help educate you about different types of vegetarians and their diet constraints. So get your pen and paper ready because we are grilling vegetarian style!
Is that really vegetarian?
Those of you may be unfamiliar about what it takes to be a vegetarian.
A vegetarian is someone who has structured restraints in their diet when it comes to consuming red meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.
Basically, it revolves around any food product that has to do with the treatment of animals. There are different types of vegetarians that put their own level of restraint on what they consume. Ovo-vegetarian consumes eggs, but do not consume dairy or meat. Lacto-vegetarian consists of dairy products, but no eggs or meats. Ovo-lacto vegetarian includes dairy, eggs but no meats.
This diet is completely more lenient compared to a vegan diet but it depends on what the individual finds more harmful during the process of making the product.
Easy vegetarian Appetizers
Potato Chips with Guacamole
Ingredients for Potato Chips:
- Three tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Three potatoes (sliced paper thin)
- Half teaspoon of salt and pepper
Directions: Wrap the potato chips with a paper towel (you might have to do this twice, depending on how many potatoes you slice) and cook them in the microwave for 5 to 6 minutes. You want your chips to be nice and crispy.
Ingredients for Guacamole:
- Two avocados
- Small onion (Finely Chopped)
- Clove of garlic (minced)
- Ripe tomato
- Lime (juiced)
- Teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Half a jalapeño
Directions: Mix all the ingredients listed above in the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before serving to let flavors blend.
Mini Grilled Eggplant Sliders
- One eggplant (halved and sliced)
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- One fourth of a cup of mayonnaise
- Two cloves of garlic (minced)
- Two brioche buns
- Tomato (sliced)
- Half a cup of crumbled feta cheese (for lacto-vegetarians)
- One fourth of a cup of basil (chopped)
- Step 1: Brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil and place the eggplant on the medium-high temperature grill for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Step 2: mix the garlic with the mayo.
- Step 3: Toast your buns and dress them with tomato, feta cheese, basil and the mayo.
- Step 4: When eggs plant has finished cooking, place the eggplant on the bun. Cut the sandwiches into fours and put a tooth pick to hold it in.
Vegetarian Barbecue Ideas
Grilled Portobello Sandwich – This vegetarian idea is healthy, lean and delicious. This sandwich will change the way you see a mushroom!
Grilled Zucchini Pizza – Perfect for the charcoal grill, so make sure to add this item to the menu!
Southwestern Corn Salad – This fresh take on salad will bring some major flavors to the table! I hope you find this Lean Mean Grilling Guide helpful for generating delicious and nutritious vegetarian ideas. A great aid for this lifestyle will be our next
A great aid for this lifestyle will be our next guide for grilling vegetables!