5 Delicious Grilled Chicken Wings Recipes
Who doesn’t love a good chicken wing? Chicken wings are tasty especially when grilled. They are the perfect party food for cookouts, tailgating or even watching the game at home with your friends. They’re easy to pick up and eat on the go, you can dunk them in different sauces if you choose, and there are many ways you can make them to fit anyone’s taste.
If you want to grill some tasty chicken wings but don’t know where to start, why not try any of the following recipes? We’ve already covered Cajun Chicken Wings on the blog, but today we have not only one, but five more easy and quick recipes!
Every one of these chicken wing recipes were handpicked and based on recipes found on popular recipe websites. From classic tastes to something new, any one of these 5 delicious recipes for grilled chicken wings, will be a guaranteed hit for just about anybody’s taste. Each of these are easy to follow recipes, and each is just as tasty as the last. Just try any, or all of these recipes. Your taste buds surely won’t be disappointed.
Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
There’s nothing better than a classic taste. Honey barbeque has always been a favorite amongst wing lovers everywhere. These honey barbeque will leave you wanting more each time. They can be baked in the oven or cooked on the grill. For best results, bake them first then finish them on the grill. These wings are sticky so keep plenty of napkins nearby.
Here is a list of all of the ingredients that you will need for these wings: 18 chicken wings, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1⁄2teaspoon sugar, 1⁄2teaspoon paprika, 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper, 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne, cooking spray.
For the sauce you will need the following ingredients: 1 cup barbecue sauce, preferably Hickory Smoke Flavor, 1⁄2cup honey, 2 tablespoons ketchup, 2 tablespoons hot sauce, 4 tablespoons butter, 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder.
How to make these chicken wings:
- Preheat the oven to 375. Wash, dry and then season the chicken with the dry ingredients.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a generous amount of the cooking spray. Place the wings in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake the wings for 35-40 minutes. (Turn wings once part way through.)• Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan, and simmer on low heat while the chicken cooks.
- Place the chicken in the sauce. Bake or grill for another 5 minutes. (Grilling has the best results)
Hawaiian Huli Huli Grilled Chicken Wings
These wings have a real Hawaiian flare to them that you’ll love. They are tangy, sweet and smoky and will have you pining for a luau. Here are the ingredients you will need: 3 pounds (1.4kg) chicken wings, 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened pineapple juice, 1/2 cup (120ml) soy sauce, 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar,lightly packed,
1/4 cup (2 ounces) homemade chicken stock or low-sodium store-bought broth, 1-inch piece ginger root (1/4 ounce; 7g), peeled and finely grated, 2 medium cloves garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon (5ml) sriracha chili sauce, thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts only), for garnish, grilled pineapple wedges, for serving (optional).
Here is how to make them:
- Whisk together most of the ingredients (excluding scallions and pineapple) in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag, and then pour half the mixture onto the chicken, giving it an even coating.
- Let the chicken wings and sauce marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour. Cover the bowl containing the remaining sauce with plastic and refrigerate.
- Remove the chicken wings from the bag, discard bag and marinade. Place chicken on the cooler side of the grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- Move the chicken to hotter side and cook 3 minutes per side. Brush the chicken with remaining sauce throughout cooking.
- Top the wings with scallions and serve wings with grilled pineapple slices.
Grilled Maple-Mustard Chicken Wings
Here is something a little different. Sweet, sticky and slightly spicy, these wings are sure to please just about everyone. They are made from every day ingredients you’ll have on hands at home. Just a tip for tailgaters: season the chicken and make the glaze ahead of time. That way everything is ready to put together at the stadium.
The following is a list of ingredients you will need. 3 pounds chicken wings, separated into drumettes and midsections (or flats), wing tips discarded, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill.
Here is how to make these tasty wings:
- Combine the seasonings (salt, pepper and cayenne) in a large sealable container or plastic bag. Add the chicken and toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate the seasoned chicken in the container for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Combine the other ingredients except vegetable oil in a nonreactive bowl and set the bowl aside.
- Prepare the gill, heating to about 375°F to 425°F. Rub the grill with vegetable oil then place wings on grill in single layer.
- Flip wings as needed until the skin is no longer translucent, brush the wings with the glaze and continue to cook until done.
Grilled Buffalo Wings
Another great classic that people live is Buffalo wings. Normally Buffalo wings are battered and fried. This recipe gives a nice grilled twist to the classic. These grilled Buffalo wings will surely become the new favorite at cookouts or at the game.
Here are all of the ingredients you will need to make these delicious Buffalo wings: 3 pounds whole chicken wings, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/3 cup hot sauce, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey.
Here is how they are made:
- Combine the seasonings (salt, pepper, and garlic powder) in a bowl. Place wings in the bowl and coat evenly with the seasoning.
- Preheat the grill to about 350 degrees. Place the wings on the grill, keeping them all touching. (Crowd them in together so that they can steam.)
- Flip the wings as they cook, every 5 minutes. Cook for 20 minutes all together.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, hot sauce, vinegar and honey over low heat.
- Take wings off the grill and toss them in a bowl with the sauce, giving them an even coat.
- Put the wings back on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the wings from the grill and then toss them in the sauce again before serving.
Grill Master Chicken Wings
Every griller envisions themselves as the ultimate grill master. No matter what your grill skill level is, these wings should make you feel like a grill master, not just because of the name. These wings are savory, perfectly seasoned, and have just a hint of spice. If you make these wings for your party or the game, your guest will be begging for more each time.
The following is a list of the ingredients you will need to make these wings. For the wings: 3 pounds chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing. For the sauce: 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce, or to taste.
Here is how you can make these delicious wings:
- Mix together the ½ cup of soy sauce, Italian dressing and the wings in a plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Tip: let the wings marinate overnight for best results.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then mix in the teaspoon of soy sauce and the hot pepper sauce.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and then pat them dry.• Place the chicken wings on the grill and then cook the chicken for about 25 to 30 minutes. Turn the wings occasionally as they cook.
- Remove the wings from the grill and then toss them in a bowl with the sauce.
And as a bonus, here we have an easy video tutorial on how to cook Easy Chicken Wings Perfect as Game Day Snacks:
Everybody loves chicken wings. They are perfect for the game or even any time of the year. Sticky, sweet, tangy, or spicy, everyone who tries one of these five recipes will love going back for more. If you use any of these recipes for delicious grilled chicken wings, then your parties will always be the talk of the town. Another neat thing to have in your arsenal is our own Cave Tools Chicken Wing and Leg Rack. It's great for cooking on the grill, smoker, or in the oven!
If you’ve enjoyed these chicken recipes, please let us know what you think about them. We would love to hear what you think about these recipes, so please leave a comment. Also please share these recipes with all your friends and let them know where they can find the same, and even other amazing recipes. We’d love to hear from you on these tutorials and your thoughts on the recipes themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Take to Cook Chicken Wings on the Grill?
When cooking chicken wings on the grill, you should set the coals for indirect heat. This will help cook the meatier chicken wings all the way through without drying out the smaller ones. You want to cook the wings until they are no longer pink in their thickest part. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
What is the Best Way to Cook Chicken Wings?
Some people say the best way to cook chicken wings is to fry them, but I prefer to cook them on a very hot grill or in the oven. I think this creates a juicier chicken wing that is just as crispy. For best results, heat the grill or oven to 400 degrees F. When cooking on a grill, always use an indirect heating method to avoid charring the wings.
What is Hawaiian Huli Huli Sauce?
Huli huli sauce is a type of Hawaiian barbecue sauce. It is smoky, sweet, tangy, and fruity. It produces a nice glaze on chicken, especially when cooked on the grill, with a crispy exterior.
How Do You Prepare Chicken Wings?
Chicken wings sometimes come in party packs with everything all separated, but sometimes you need to prepare the wings yourself. Locate the joint between the wing tip and the wing. Using a sharp knife, sever the joint and remove the wing tip. Save this piece for stock. To remove the drumette from the wing, find the joint and wiggle it slightly. Place the knife in between the joint and sever the tendon.
Are All Wings Buffalo Wings?
Buffalo wings refers to an American way of cooking chicken wings. They are usually fried (although they can also be grilled or baked) before they are coated in a spicy sauce. This sauce is usually vinegar-based cayenne sauce that is enriched with butter. If you are not using this type of sauce, your wings are simply hot wings, or grilled wings, but not necessarily buffalo wings.